Wednesday, February 11, 2009

9 years...no wonder i ache .....

well well well.....monday february ninth was THE day....i decided it was time to finally do it!!I joined a gym and got a membership at the leisure center ....i figured after staring at the people up in that room while i was basking in the pool and leisurely swimming ,,,and hanging out in the hottub...it was my time to be one of those people!!I never expected it to be a walk in the park...but oh my goodness i was sure surprised at how OUT of shape i really am!I started my workout pretty much just staring at the equipment...lol....wanting it to melt my cellulite away...but then i was getting people staring at me and then i thought ,,,well,,i was wanting to be like them...sweaty and red in the face..how do i get there?Get on one of those machines and warm my body up!OH what a task...have you ever felt like a total loser just because you were standing on this machine and it was smarter than you?I thought at least by the year 2009 they would have machines that weighed you when you got on and judged your body fat and then started to move and give you a workout...lol...wouldn't that be cool?So after about ten minutes of watching other people watch me i figured this contraption out!I was moving....and actually feeling these muscles....that i really did't know were there..!I remember when i was 19 and so fit and you could bounce a quarter off my butt....now ...well... i have these little dimples in my butt that look like the size of quarters...?does that count?haha anyways i did this what seemed like an excrutiating workout for ten minutes ....on the treadmill...lol....all the meanwhile thinking of a donut and a cappacino from timmies...10 minutes turned into 40 minutes later and i was sweating....eewwww i never knew i could sweat like that!Got up the next day and did it all over again after work....when does it feel like you've not been run over by a truck....three days into it and well i thought it was a truck that hit me...today i felt like it was a train...not just a truck!!So i've been doing great soooo far no donuts for me and i've actually gone down the produce aisle and bought stuff....lol...i skipped the bakery aisle...which was my favorite pasttime....but somehow it didnt feel right after sweating .....so wish me luck...as luck is what i'll need to stick with it...i do love the feeling of getting into the pool after a great workout.....well what i consider great anyway....:) now its into the shower i go and ready for another day of wonderous kegels and muscle tightening strains tomorrow....~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment